Sunday 10 August 2014

Aregbesola Won Convincingly-Femi Fani Kayode

Seems our politicians have finally started turning the corner as conceding defeat to a more popular and superior candidate has taken over.

In a manner uncharacteristic of our politicians, former Aviation Minister, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, has hailed Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s victory at the poll, saying the governor won his re-election for a second term in office convincingly.

The former minister wrote:

"For the last two weeks I have been in the field in Osun state campaigning for my friend, brother and kinsman and my party's candidate in the governorship election, Senator Iyiola Omisore. It has been a gruelling yet wonderful experience and I am very proud to have been part of the team and so deeply involved.

"It is now 7.00 a.m. in the morning and the final results of those elections have just been formally announced by INEC. They are as follows. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the APC polled 394,684 votes whilst Senator Iyiola Omisore of the PDP polled 292,747 votes. It is clear from the foregoing that Aregbesola has not only won but he has also won convincingly.

"I hereby congratulate him and his party on their victory. I commend INEC for conducting a free and fair election in which there was no rigging. I commend the security agencies for maintaining law and order and ensuring that no-one was killed or maimed.

"I salute the courage of my friends and colleagues in the PDP in Osun state for putting up a good fight. I thank my kinsmen and the good people of my district, zone and hometown Ile-Ife particularly for standing by the PDP in this election and delivering virtually all the votes in their four local government areas to our son and candidate Senator Iyiola Omisore.

"This is democracy and the will of the people must be respected. You win some and you lose some yet the struggle continues. Though we lost this one we are not deterred. As a matter of fact the battle has just started and we are deeply encouraged and touched by the massive suppport that we received from many quarters.

"We shall continue to proudly fly the flag of the PDP and we shall continue to work and fight for a better Nigeria. God bless the good people of Osun state. God bless Nigeria."

We hope our politicians have finally turned the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment